Annual Membership Meeting Presentation
The Association holds its Annual Membership meeting each year on the last Wednesday in January. This year our membership meeting was scheduled for January 29, 2020. Unfortunately, the Association did not have a sufficient number of members in order to call the meeting to order. The Association would like to ensure that the membership has an opportunity to still receive the information and reports that would have been provided at the meeting had it been held. Below is a link for the presentation for the meeting. The presentation covers general updates, project updates, a financial report, as well as water conservation presentation.
Board President Report
- The various phone books have the incorrect phone number for the Association. Our correct phone number is 575-526-3491 and the after hours emergency number is 575-644-4027.
- The Association has recently gone to new business hours. The office is now open from 7:30 am to 5:30 pm and closed during lunch from 11:00 am to 12:00 pm.
- The Association staff has been working hard to obtain additional certification for the field staff and during 2019 our staff obtained 8 new certifications.
- The Association will be offering a new pay by phone option which will allow customers to pay their bill and check their balance 24 hours a day over the phone.
- The Association completed two projects last year: Via Norte Water Improvement Project and Southeast Collection Phase 2. Please see the slide show for more information.
- The Association currently has three projects under construction: District 5 Wastewater Plant Rehabilitation & Expansion, Radium Springs Water System Rehabilitation, and Southeast Collection Phase 3. Please see the slide show for more information.
- The Association currently has four projects in the design phase. Please see the slide show for more information.
- The Association is currently seeking funding for four projects. Please see the slide show for more information.
Board Secretary/Treasurer Report
- The presentation provides the FY19 final financial statement and the FY 20 current budget.
- The presentation provides a listing of the current state and federal funding sources for our current projects.
- The Association currently has two cases pending before the NM Appeals Court. The Association is hoping to have both cases resolved prior to the next annual meeting.
Water Conservation Presentation
- The Association believes that water is a precious commodity and we want to encourage our membership to remember to conserve water when they can. The presentation covers a voluntary watering schedule as well as resources to help customers conserve water. Please see the slide show for more information.
The presentation is available on our website at https://www.dawater.org/membership-meetings under Power Point Presentation. There is also a copy available in our office for review. Should you have any additional questions regarding anything in our presentation please contact our office at (575) 526-3491.